Guidelines for Selection of Loan Recipients
The Committee accepts applications for education loans up to $2,000 from candidates who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant is a resident of the state of Maine.
- The applicant is a member of the Maine Library Association.
- The applicant is a current full or part-time student in, or has been accepted to, a degree program in library or information science; or the applicant registered for a single academic course or training seminar.
Loans are awarded directly to the individual to defray tuition, supplies, room, board and other program related expenses. The Committee reserves the right to award all, part or none of the amount requested.
Please observe these instructions carefully when preparing your application. Applications that omit one or more of the following items will not be considered.
- Completed application form.
- Proof of enrollment. Acceptable documents include: copy of the official acceptance letter from your school or program; official transcript (available from your university registrar's office); copy of the official letter of registration (for a single course or seminar).
- Current resume.
- Names and contact information, including e-mail and/or phone numbers, of two references (family excluded)
- Itemized list of expenses for the current semester (include books, tuition, course fees, etc.) and additional financial aid awards.
Materials submitted will be held in confidence by the Committee and become the property of the Maine Library Association.
All application materials should be mailed to the Chair of the Committee:
Edythe Dyer Community Library
269 Main Road North
Hampden, Maine 04444
Email Debbie Lozito