Sign Up or Renew Your Membership Today!
When you join the Maine Library Association, you're not just connecting to a network of librarians and library-supporters across the state: you're helping all those libraries and librarians grow stronger and gain more support.
MLA helps out by
- Advocating for libraries in the state. Whether its by writing editorials to newspapers or testifying at the State Capital, MLA strives to keep libraries supported and recognized for the important role they play. Just in the last year, we've helped push legislation to increase patron privacy in Maine, sent letters to Washington advocating for a strong Librarian of Congress, pushed for better support of school librarians, and advocated for support of academic libraries in NEASC.
- Reaching out to new librarians
- Connecting the various library organizations across Maine
- Sponsoring local social events for librarians
- Offering its yearly conference in November--an excellent chance to network with other librarians and get caught up on emerging technologies and trends in the library field.
Remember: MLA isn't just about what you get out of it. It's also about what you can do to contribute to this important endeavor.
Information about MLA membership for new or returning members is available at the Membership section of the website.
Can't find what you need on this site or have a question for MLA? Feel free to contact our Business Office firstname.lastname@example.org.